We love our little B&B, although I have always enjoyed looking after others and hosting events we weren’t actually looking to buy a B&B. Whilst house hunting in the area we happened across ‘Dormers’….and fell in love with the property, the garden and all the potential. We decided we could make a B&B work and have enjoyed our new adventure.
One of the best parts of running a B&B is the guests. We get to meet lovely new people on a regular basis and hearing about all their explorations here in Dorset. It is wonderful to welcome previous guests back to stay which is also the greatest compliment.
Those of you who read my blog will know I enjoy cooking so another bonus of running a B&B is cooking up a breakfast storm in the kitchen! We enjoy sourcing as much local produce as possible. The eggs are as fresh as it gets from our very own chickens. We purchase delicious meat from a local butcher in Wareham and bread from the bakery (links can be found below). Guests can enjoy Dorset tea bags and Moores biscuits in our guest rooms.
Our guests can expect:
- Fabulous service and great value for money
- A hospitable home and beautiful garden
- Clean, bright and comfortable rooms
- Breakfast is fresh to order, local and plentiful!
- We are happy and able to accommodate guest special requests and dietary requirements
- Good local knowledge and itinerary assistance if required
- Local train station pick-up for those arriving by train
- Secure storage for bikes
- 20% off green fees for our guests at Wareham Golf Club
- 10% off treatments for our guests at Bindon Abbey Wellness Retreat
We work really hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience.
Now you know why we love Dormers, but don’t take our word for it…come and see for yourself!
Jane and Phil